We're pleased to announce a minor upgrade to Kirix Strata today, version 4.2.2.
There are a ton of small tweaks and fixes under the hood, but here are a few of the noticeable highlights:
- Find In Files: For developers out there, this is a really useful one. We've added the ability to search through the directories within a project for text files containing text patterns. Matching text files are then displayed in the console panel and can be opened by double-clicking on them. For example, if you had text files in a folder on your desktop, you can connect to the folder and then do a Find in Files (Edit > Find) to search for a specific text string.
- KPG (Kirix Package File) Export: We've added the ability to export the directory structure to a package file (KPG), allowing projects, or portions of projects, to be exported and re-imported with the original hierarchy.
- Memory Usage Optimizations: We've updated the index memory usage function so it performs well with current hardware capabilities.
- Report Writer: We fixed various issues, including a sorting problem as well as an occurrence where multiple jobs were created when toggling between the design and layout view.
- Linux: We've updated our Linux build and fixed various problems relating to the user interface in the Linux distribution.
- Connectivity: Connections to MySQL now utilize ODBC rather than the libmysql client library. Connecting to MySQL requires installation of the MySQL ODBC library, available here.