Kirix Support Forums

The GLCanvas bug

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

The GLCanvas bug

Postby ikolev on Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 am

The news that wxAUI has been integrated in the wxWidgets CVS is great, it means (hopefully) that wxAUI is going to be supported and developed further. I was getting the impression that it was going to be abandoned because of the competition from wxIFM. And I like wxAUI better than wxIFM.

The problem that stops me from using wxAUI is the known GLCanvas bug. Are there any plans to fix it soon?

Thanks,
Ivan Kolev
ikolev
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:40 am

Postby Ben on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:04 am

Can you describe the GLCanvas bug in more detail? I haven't heard of it yet.

Of course wxAUI is being developed further-- We never stopped developing it. Besides, it's only 8 months old, so there hasn't been much opportunity to stop. :-) We have some grand features in the works, so stay tuned.

Ben
User avatar
Ben
Kirix Support Team
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:29 am

Postby ikolev on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:41 pm

bwilliams wrote:Can you describe the GLCanvas bug in more detail? I haven't heard of it yet.

When I ran into it I searched this forum for wxGLCanvas and found this
http://www.kirix.com/community/forums/v ... c.php?t=86
so I decided it is a known bug. Basically, when a panel is dragged over a wxGLCanvas panel and then dragged away, the hint window is never hidden and displays garbage.

bwilliams wrote:Of course wxAUI is being developed further-- We never stopped developing it. Besides, it's only 8 months old, so there hasn't been much opportunity to stop. :-) We have some grand features in the works, so stay tuned.

Very happy to hear that, thanks :)
And congratulations for the great job on wxAUI. I especially like the option to save perspectives in strings.

Ivan
ikolev
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:40 am

Postby vexator on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:14 am

i'm using several glcanvas derived viewports in my wxaui app without any problems.
vexator
Registered User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:18 am

Postby ikolev on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:53 am

vexator wrote:i'm using several glcanvas derived viewports in my wxaui app without any problems.


On Windows?
ikolev
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:40 am

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback