We're pleased to announce a long-awaited new upgrade to Kirix Strata today.
Here are a few highlights of note:
1. Back-end Stuff. This version includes a TON of work on back-end processing, scripting, CSVs, etc. So, a lot of the changes will be “invisible” to the average user, but will benefit everyone with speed improvements and a more robust data engine.
2. Expanded Relationship Filtering. In the previous version, we had two options for filtering related records — either “leave filter off” or “filter all child records.” In this version, we've added a third option to “mark filtered records” within the context of the entire table. So, now, when you tile your two related tables horizontally and select Tools > Related Records > Mark Related Records (or select it from the icon dropdown on the toolbar), your related records in the child set will be highlighted in yellow. In addition, we've also added a cursor marker to the parent table so you can track where you are in the child set.
3. Additional Aggregate Functions. In addition to the existing aggregate functions (e.g., SUM(), AVG(), etc.), we have included new options for Standard Deviation, STDDEV(), and Variance, VARIANCE(). As with other aggregate functions, you'll be able to use these in areas such as the query builder, relationships and grouping.
4. Expanded Table Statistics. When you select Data > Summarize, you'll now also get the minimum and maximum field length of each field.
5. Import Templates. We've added the ability to save import templates (File > Import) to your project, which will save a few steps if you have complex imports.
6. Bug Fixes. We've been able to knock out loads of small fixes throughout the software.